I AM A TRAVELING MAN. I AM A TRAVELING SOUL LOOKING FOR A PLACE I COULD CALL MY HOME

I AM A TRAVELING MAN. I AM A TRAVELING SOUL
LOOKING FOR A PLACE I COULD CALL MY HOME
By: Deo Antonio D. Llamas



As a kid I have always considered myself as one well traveled kid. I was the restless one in our family. In our dialect we say "lagawan" coming from the word "lagaw" or to wander around. The word wander sounds similar to wonder or to be amazed, to be surprise in discovering new things and experiences in life. Indeed its a wonderful feeling being and seeing new places and faces. Making memories and share moments with friends and family bonding that could last a lifetime.



As Radisson Blu puts it " It's not about where you go...it's about where you stay". And may I add to this, Who do you bring along in your journey to share your joy in reaching your destination. And a quotation every traveler must bring always " Enjoy the journey not just the destiny. Somethings you need to consider when travelling one must plan and prepare ahead always. Where to go and where to stay for travelling entails resources and our precious time.


As a tip avail and take advantage of airlines and shipping lines promo offer from time to time for this could save you a fortune especially if your planning a group or a family vacation. A cousin of mine was able to get 5 Asian trips for a mere P 10,000 availing peso fare and other anniversary promos and by buying them a year ahead which in regular rates would run more than P 50,000 to a hundred thousand pesos  So too with your accommodations booking ahead will saved you thousands of dime. Another tip to enjoy your trip joining yearly Conventions of Civic and Social Organizations like Lions, Rotary club, Business Chambers, Realtor's board were accommodations, transport and city tours are organized and at a discounted package. And being a member of an organization widens your network and support group as well.

Hotels we have stayed on as a family:  Radisson Blu, Cebu, Imperial Palace, Mactan, Heritage Hotel. Legend Hotel, Palawan, Resorts World, Solaire Resorts, Sarrosa International, Boracay Regency, Crown Regency Boracay, Villa Carmela, Club Panoly, TNT Boracay, Kabayan Hotel, Mabuhay Hotel, and Venetian Hotel, Macau. If in Iloilo I would recommend Amigo Terraces Hotel, Sarabia Manor and Convention Center, Del Rio Hotel, Highway 21 Chain of Hotels, Centennial Plaza, MO2's West Town Hotel, Peoples Hotel and Injap Tower a Condotel and Iloilo Business Hotel at Smalville. Soon to rise is the Richmonde Hotel and The Court Yard by Marriot Hotel at Iloilo Business Park by Megaworld and more Hotels at their Boutique Hotels and Business offices at their commercial lot area. Iloilo City is a fun and exciting place to stay. And Iloilo is the Festival Capital of the Philippines.The City of First, The City of Love.

Indeed Its more Fun in the Philippines always take time to enjoy first the treasures you will discover in our own country, Our Tourism destinations are world class and are the best of the best and we have 7,101 choices. Don't be a stranger in your own land explore and see the beauty of our country. Our Lakbay -Aral (Travel and Learn) initiative is a great way for us to appreciate. Don't look for what we don't have but look for what we have and it will help our country side as well. Traveling is like reading books the more you travel the more you become knowledgeable.
Places I have been to: Aklan, Antique, Bataan, Baguio, Boracay, Bacolod, Bulacan, Batangas, Bicol, Bohol, Cavite, Cagayan de Oro, Capiz, Caluya Island, Cebu,  Dagupan, Davao, Guimaras, Iligan, isla Gigantes, Laguna, Leyte, Mactan Island, Masbate, Marinduque, Metro Manila, Mindoro, Negros, Northern Mindanao, Pampanga, Palawan, Panay, Romblon, Semirara, Samar, Subic, Tablas Island, Tagaytay and lately in Hongkong and Macau last November 2013 during the Pacquiao-Rios fight. This Coming December 2014 we will have our family vacation back in Hongkong and Macau.


Having a father from Northern Luzon particularly from Dagupan, Pangasinan and a mother from Panitan Capiz gave me the opportunity to travel a lot. I was born in Manila but we transferred in Iloilo where we are base now. Frequent trips to Manila in the 70's and 80's taking the ships of Negros Navigation was one of my fondest memories when visiting relatives from Manila. In the 90's It was the Super Ferry  era. While Panay Railway train rides then when ever we visit our relatives in Capiz enjoying the food serve along the way. Now we have Ceres liners buses. The king of the road in this region. Still enjoying local delicacies. And If ever you can pass by Passi City check Midway restaurant which we usually do as a family where food served is freshly pick from their farm.



Having been a salesman, my job requires and gave me the chance to travel Panay and Negros weekly and quarterly in Cebu in this case land trip driving my car. As I always say I practice MBWA- Marketing By Wandering Around. But what I noticed every time I travel. In time, I will miss my home and family. A greater appreciation of what I have floods me with gratefulness. Indeed home is where your heart is. I am a traveling man. I am a traveling soul and I have found my place I could call my own, my home, my Iloilo.



I know I will always be coming back home for I know this is where I belong. This is where I will stay.




Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

HISTORY OF DAGUPAN

PHOTO GALLERY: SOMETHING INTERESTING AND FUN ABOUT THE LLAMAS FAMILY OF THE PHILIPPINES

wikipedea on Ronald Llamas