Lumaktaw sa pangunahing content

ACCIDENTS DO HAPPEN

Calling attention of Mega World management
And the event Organizer of the FIREWORKS PRESENTATION
Dinagyang has been apart of our culture as an ilonggo from generation to generation. As a kid in the lates 70s my mother would bring us in this occasion to witness the grandest celebration of the city as as religious and civic event. For her office in Bureau of Lands was just beside the freedom grandstand in Aduana st.which is now the DTI Office and Beside the office of our Beloved Congressman Jerry Trenas of the Lone district of Iloilo City.
So as a family tradition we went to enjoy participated in the event we joined the 2 pm sponsors mardi gras parade had dinner at Samurai Talalbahan and went to fireworks presentation by 8pm in ILOILO BUSINESS PARK by Megaworld as usual traffic welcomed us.
so I decided to drop my family along with one of my sons girlfriend near the old airport road for the fireworks has started and no available parking near the area and I decided to park it at Carlos Restaurant and bought foods and drinks and I noticed the view in the new road in Mega world has a better view so I prodded my kids we would settle there and watch the fire works there and so we did. It was 8:20 PM
As we we were settling I notice the drainage in the pave road was quite unusual in its design and quite dangerous for I notice the hole is quite big that an adult foot can easily slip in. I even verbally said that somebody can get hurt by accident and hurt a foot or legs with this design. Not more than 5 minutes I saw my son was extending his arms to help a lady. For I was sitted in the center of the road and they sat on the pathwalk on the side of the road.
I was thinking it was a good gesture of a gentleman to extend help to a lady in distress realizing it was his girlfriend who slip and stuck herself in the hole in the drainage. Her legs was half stuck in above the knee level. She thought at first she cant move her legs up but with the help of my son she was able to free her left foot out. But she got bruises scratches and swelling on her left legs. She was in pain
The first thing we did was to wash it with water from the melted ice we had. I called the security guard for first aid kit but he has none and I told him to call for help. I went to the red cross guy and he told me he was not on duty for he was with a lady (on a date) but he was wearing the red cross shirt and his other group has left already. I then ask for update on the security guard he said they are still trying to contact the ICER. So I decided to go to the the firetruck positioned near the fireworks station.
And as a surprise they too have no first aid kits I requested if they can call for help the response was the ambulance had to bring another person to the hospital. They informed me that they have called for help and that they where assigned for emergency in case untoward fire due to the fireworks presentation. Then I went back to my son and her girlfriend another guard arrive and prodded the other to take note of the incident which they recorded in their logbook. Good thing the new guard had a betadine but it was old and only few left inside the bottle but nevertheless it can help much. I thanked him
I ask them for the update of help coming. They said help is coming but they have a hard time communicating due to the loud noise. it was around 9 pm the fireworks was till on going I decided that we leave and go to Carlos Restaurant have her wound wash their again.
As we were leaving I was glad to meet Mr. Bautista our City Administrator  I told him what happened. He said to call ICER. I replied we did but had no response yet. So we proceeded to Carlos Restaurant along diversion road glad that Mr. Francis Cruz was their eventhough they are close already they accommodated my sons girlfriend to used their comfort room and had her wounds clean. I am so thankful for this kind gestures Francis Cruz.
I. HOPE THE ORGANIZER OF THIS EVENT CAN IMPROVE THEIR PREPARATION. ESPECIALLY ON EMERGENCY RESPONSE TIME. We waited there for 40 minutes no help came
2.THE GUARDS AND THE FIRE TRUCKS HAS NO FIRST AID KITS AVAILABLE
3, GUARDS HAS NO RADIO. THEY ARE USING OLD MODEL CELLPHONES
3. COVER THE HOLE IN THE DRAINAGE for I have been warning people that they might slip and fall in the holes. kids where playing in the areas as well . Worst scenario :accidents do happen
4.MAYBE A BICYCLE MEDIC CAN BE OF MOST HELP ESPECIALLY ON MASSIVE TRAFFIC DURING EVENTS LIKE THIS.
5. READY ANTI-TETANUS VACCINE
I JUST WOULD LIKE TO INFORM YOU THIS
IN YOUR SERVICE,
Comments
John Rodriguez Palpak gyapon ang mga first aid responders sa Iloilo pre no? Papano kung may gin buno? Nag bleed to death na guro wala pa may nag bulig. Ang ga suksok mag ya red cross nga tshirt dapat ipa uba na sa iya. Pasikat lang to gali iya bayo
John Rodriguez Dapat gali mag dinagyang may dala ka nga personal first aid kit
Deo Antonio D. Llamas THAT HAPPENED SA ISA KA MALL KAY ANG POLICY HINDI MATANDOG SANG GUARD ANG VICTIM KAY HULATON GID ANG ICER OR AMBULANCE TI NA ORASAN ...PATAY LAIN PA KAY GINA COVER SANG TV BUHI PATO.
John Rodriguez Stupid policy. Daw pareho sang mga hospital sa aton nga emergency indi nila pag batunon kung eala down payment bisan ma patay pa. Pinsar ko gin pledge sang mga doctors nga mamulig sila tawo
John Rodriguez Diri sa America bisan wala ka kwarta bulngon ka gid nila, sukton ka lang galing kung salbar ka na
Dwight Trasadas Under the law if a person has sustained injuries by reason of the defect in the construction of drainage, canals, roads, or buildings, etc, undertaken by the city government, the city shall be held liable for damages.
UnlikeReply123 hrsEdited
Deo Antonio D. Llamas She sustained bruises, swelling, scratches and was in pain.

Deo Antonio D. Llamas's photo.
LikeReply23 hrs
Deo Antonio D. Llamas Her left leg was the one affected

Deo Antonio D. Llamas's photo.
LikeReply23 hrs
Deo Antonio D. Llamas at the back just above the calves sustained injury as well

Deo Antonio D. Llamas's photo.
LikeReply23 hrs
Deo Antonio D. Llamas and the side part had bruises as well. My concern was she could get infection due to the injury. I told her to notify if she will have fever or pain in her bones or difficulty in walking then we will have to admit her in the hospital for further check up.

Deo Antonio D. Llamas's photo.
LikeReply23 hrs
Randy Yap Good suggestion- medic on bikes! We were there last night on bikes and we can practically went through the traffic.
UnlikeReply222 hrs
Narasud Lisa Lack of. CSR.. Corp social responsibility. Just imagine, we are @Transcom, ..the Guard llow me to use Comfort Room and on the other wing my two niece was not allowed. Even one of my sibling who Work ar the mentioned requested a favor. So when I hear...See More
UnlikeReply121 hrs
Jerry Perez TreƱas II Hope she is alright now!
UnlikeReply115 hrs
Carmela Mosquera Romero Good job, deo..
UnlikeReply18 hrs
Deo Antonio D. Llamas
Deo Antonio D. Llamas Yes Cong. Jerry Perez TreƱas II she is ok now. Thank you for the kind reply. But I have learned from my other son that two of his friends had a accident in the manhole of IBP also students from CPU but on different occasions. God bless you Sir.
LikeReply13 hrs
Deo Antonio D. Llamas Another friend of mine also mentioned while we are having a dinner at Uncle Toms earlier that last year it was also Dinagyang time there was an incident that an elderly slip also in the drainage at IBP that caused fructured bones and was admitted to the hospital by his immediate family. Considering senior citizen have more fragile bones.

LikeReply10 hrsEdited

Mga Komento

Mga sikat na post sa blog na ito

HISTORY OF DAGUPAN

PHOTO GALLERY: SOMETHING INTERESTING AND FUN ABOUT THE LLAMAS FAMILY OF THE PHILIPPINES

wikipedea on Ronald Llamas